Friday, November 9, 2018

Lost- The Mercy of Sri Radha Gopinatha

Vrindavan Poem Series #1 


Sri Radha Gopinatha



Related image




Lost
Through dark and winding lanes I traveled.

In this place all roads led to you.

Lamps lit on stone stairways throwing shimmering rays on exquisite doorways.

Uncertainly I strode through mysterious alleyways.

Certain I was lost. I moved forward without knowing where my feet fell.

Suddenly a lantern appeared, and I was beckoned in.

Stumbling upon your courtyard your servants found me.

“Come to our temple.” She said.

A door was thrown open and blinding golden light filled my eyes.

I stepped barefoot into your sanctum.

My heart beating hard as I saw you there.

Flute in hand you were ready for your secret dance.

Showered with mercy, my eyes in tears.

Oh, Gopinath who cared for me and showed me the way home.

In moments it was done, and I was taken to the footpath.

Sent again into the material realm.

I left a piece of myself with him.

Oh Gopinatha.



Image result for sri radha gopinath temple vrindavan
 

No comments:

Post a Comment